Here’s the lowdown:
- The program runs in your system tray (sorry… taskbar notification area)
- Double-clicking on it shows you how many days are left until Christmas
- Right-clicking brings up a menu where you can choose to display a different screen with the countdown on it, get “about” information, or exit the program.
- I’m a nice programmer, so I did not make this program add itself to your start-up group. You have to start it on your own.
- The program does check for updates each time you open it – you can’t turn this off, but you don’t have to install updates if you don’t want to. It won’t install them without your permission.
- The source code is available for anyone who wants to see how it’s done.
The requirements are simple:
- Windows 98 or higher
- .NET Framework 2.0 or greater
That’s the icon there, the yellow and green balls. Yeah, I’m not good with icons, I know.
Right-click on the icon and this is what you get. Simple, eh?
Clicking “Show Countdown” gets you this fun screen. The rest you can figure out on your own.