I say this because if you keep them at home – you will eat them, and then destroy all your New Years Resolutions to eat right, be healthy — make the others unhealthy I say!
Okay – I had one, and the man had one…the rest are in the tupperware container and in the fridge ready for work, I’m keeping my New Years Resolution!
Take them to work cupcakes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup castor sugar (or superfine sugar)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk (or soymilk – I used soymilk and they came out perfect!)
Preheat oven to 350 F and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract and Baileys.
Add flour and baking soda to egg/butter mixture, stirring gently stir to combine. Add milk and beat on low speed until all ingredients are combined.
Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until nicely browned and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled you can frost with the Baileys Frosting.
- 8oz cold cream cheese
- 5 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 tsp brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Beat the cream cheese and butter together, once combined add vanilla, cocoa, Baileys and coffee. Stir in powdered sugar and decorate those cupcakes!
I dusted mine with a little extra cocoa.