The Trial against the Bad Bunnies

The buns got into some mischief last night – in a big, bad way.

We’d just gotten our new guest bedroom set up – all sorts o' nice thin's (gotta love IKEA), and o' course plastic under-bed storage containers t' keep th' buns out from under th' bed (in th' most guest-friendly way).

Unfortunately, th' very first night, th' buns found a way past all th' barriers and got under th' bed. And while there – well, let’s just say they did some bad thin's. So now they are in “bunny prison.”

bunny prison

Suffice t' say I were bein' NOT happy this mornin' when woken up t' this news. So now th' buns are on trial, and th' outcome o' that trial will determine what happens t' them, I'll warrant ye. Will they get their free-roamin' privileges revoked? Will they be confined t' a cage? Or maybe just kept behind a barrier in a corner o' th' room? Or will we just improve th' bunny-proofin' aroun' th' guest bedroom?

Let’s see some o' th' evidence.

Exhibit A

Exhibit A: Rabbit Fur

As ye can clearly see, this is white rabbit fur. It probably came from Gus, but both o' them have white fur.

Exhibit B
Exhibit B: The Hole

While under th' bed they chewed this hole in a wicker basket kept beside th' bed (originally t' keep them from gettin' past th' small space at th' head o' th' bed).

Exhibit C: Testimony

Amanda woke me up at 7am this mornin' (me day off!) and told me they’d gotten under th' bed, ye scurvey dog. I came out t' find Gus sittin' happily under th' guest bed. While I were bein' tryin' t' shoo that scurvey dog out, Besty came under th' bed from th' opposite side, near th' head o' th' bed – presumably this is th' way they got in, because I saw no other breaks in th' defenses.

Deliberation

I’ll be deliberatin' on th' fate o' th' buns today. Walk the plank! We’ll see how I feel tonight – and how th' buns feel after a day o' bein' kept in one corner o' th' room!

BAD BUNNIES!

UPDATE: You can follow th' adventures o' Gus and Betsy now on their own blog, The Life and Times o' Bunnies!

7 Responses

• Kory May 12, 2011 / 11:46 pm

Was just wonderin' if these bunnies are litter trained? I just got a bunny and i want t' let that comely wench run aroun' but how do ye keep them from leavin' little balls every where?

• Keithius May 13, 2011 / 8:02 am

Aye, they are litter trained. You can pretty much just put a litter box near wherever they spend th' most time, and they’ll use it. It’s possible that they might prefer one corner or another fer their “business” – in which case ye just put th' litter box there, and a bucket o' chum. After a while, they’ll make th' association betwixt th' litter box and what it’s meant t' be used fer.

As fer th' little balls, ye can ne'er completely stop them from droppin' them occasionally in odd spots, but by and large they will only poop in their litter box or aroun' their litter box/chow (especially their hay).

1. Andrewbun January 22, 2008 / 3:34 pm

FREE GUS AND BETSY!!!!

2. Orlando Bun January 23, 2008 / 11:44 am

Dude… You just can’t leave wicker hangin' aroun' like that. Bunny Rights!

3. Baby Bunny May 10, 2009 / 8:28 am

Orlando Bun is right – wicker baskets are VERY tasty fer bunnies! It’s not their fault. *chuckles* My house bunnies chomped up me wicket basket in no time at all – they chomp wood too! Aarrr! You need t' replace it with plastic or metal (tin) bins. My bunnies have also stripped wallpaper off th' walls and eaten it – so now we just use paint! heh heh Oh, and I recommend ye use a hosepipe t' feed all yer wires through! We were watchin' th' finals o' a competition on TV when suddenly th' TV died! As we all exclaimed in disgust…up popped a cute little bunny head wantin' t' know what th' disturbance were bein' and why we had interrupted his delicious snack o' cable!!!

4. Keithius May 10, 2009 / 5:05 pm

We have since taken even more extensive bunny-proofin' measures aroun' our house. Although with those sharp teeth, nothin' is e'er really 100% safe from a determined bunny!!

Comments are closed.