January 26th is Australia Day, so I thought I would celebrate the Motherland’s Birthday with some mini-pavlovas and vegetarian sausage rolls.
I’d never tried making sausage rolls before, but I have to say they turned out tasty-good … and they smelt exactly like the sausage rolls I remembered from way-back
Vegetarian Sausage Rolls
- 2 packets Gimme Lean Sausage Style
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely dieced and sauteed until translucent
- 1/2 tablespoon dried italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 package pepperidge farm puff pastry sheets (2 sheets per box), thawed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon pepper
In a bowl, mix together the Gimme Lean Sausage Style, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, onion, italian herbs, parsley, pepper and salt (youre going to have to use your hands!). I left mine to hangout overnight to allow the flavours to combine.
Preheat oven to 400F. Cut pastry sheet in half and place 1/4 of the sausage mixture down the centre. Fold over each side and put seam-side down. Repeat 3 more times. Cut each long roll in half and lightly score across the top. Brush with beaten egg and cook in over at 400F for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.